Welcome to the parishes of
St. Martin of Tours, Vegreville,
Holy Heart of Mary in Viking, and
St. Gregory the Great in Holden.
Welcome to Our Parishes Father Robert Lee!
*Attendance: The dispensation of the faithful from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in place until decreed otherwise by the Archbishop. No one is obliged to attend Holy Mass while this dispensation is in effect.
*Attendees and volunteers from demographic groups that are at a greater risk of serious illness, such as people 65 years of age or older and individuals with chronic medical conditions, are encouraged to stay safe by avoiding public gatherings, but are not prohibited from attending Mass if they so choose.
Click here for letter from the Archdiocese: 2020-07-31_UPDATE-Wearing of Face Masks in Church (1)
GENERAL PROTOCOLS to ATTEND MASS:
At St. Martin of Tours, due to space required to ensure physical distancing, we will be allowed 40 -60 people, depending on groups that can sit together as cohorts. Everyone is expected to maintain the 6 feet physical distancing, throughout the Mass, EXCEPT members of the same household or cohort group may sit together in one pew.
*Anyone who has even the slightest symptoms or feelings of sickness must remain home.
*Anyone attending Mass does so at their own risk.
*There will be a single point of entry and exit. We will enter through the front doors of the church and exit from the two side exits, while maintaining social distancing protocols.
*All attendees are expected to wear non-medical mask. The church has a large supply of masks available.
*At St. Martin of Tours, due to space required to ensure physical distancing, we will be only allowed of 40 -60 people, depending on groups that can sit together as cohorts. Everyone is expected to maintain the 6 feet physical distancing, throughout the Mass, EXCEPT members of the same household or cohort group may sit together in one pew.
*Parishioners must pre-register for Mass, BEFORE NOON ON THURSDAYS, by phoning the Parish Office and leaving a message or by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let parishioners who do not use email, to call the church, 780-632-3272, when they wish to attend Mass.
* Parishioners upon arrival at church must answer a series of health and travel-related questions as recommended by AHS, inform the “Point of Entry Person” their name(s), and contact information for the purpose of contact tracing if it becomes necessary.
1. Do you have any of these symptoms? [Are you or any member of your household experiencing any of the following? Fever, New cough or worsening chronic cough, New or worsening shortness of breath,New or worsening difficulty breathing, Sore throat, Runny nose, Chills, Painful swallowing, Stuffy nose, Headache, Muscle or joint aches, Feeling unwell in general, new fatigue or severe, exhaustion, Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite), Loss of sense of smell or taste, Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye;]
2. Did you return from travel outside of Canada?
3. Have you been in close contact with somebody who is confirmed as having COVID-19?
* Sanitizing hands upon entry and exit is required. Sanitizing dispensers will be available.
*For Stage 2, the individual attestation at the moment of distribution of Holy Communion (“The Body of Christ, R: Amen”) is ELIMINATED; Instead one general pronouncement (The Body of Christ”) is to be made by the priest and one general response (“Amen”) is to be made by all congregants together before the distribution begins.
*Then each person who wishes to receive the Blessed Sacrament comes forward in procession (while maintaining social distance) and receives in silence. Communicant and Priest MUST wear a non-medical mask during the distribution of Holy Communion.
*We are to receive the Body of Christ in our HANDS ONLY. The Precious Blood will NOT be distributed.
* There will be no collection during Mass. Instead, baskets will be placed near the entrance for you to dispense your Sunday Offering.
* The Liturgy of the Word for children during Mass is cancelled.
* Only the space used for the celebration of the Mass and washrooms are to be accessed. For the washrooms downstairs, please limit to one person at a time.
Online Masses: A list of online masses are posted on the Archdiocesan website and Grandin Media. Please see: https://caedm.ca/PastoralScene/entryid/787/find-a-livestream-mass-during-covid-19-restrictions
Basilica Sunday Mass on Telus Optik TV: Channel 876
Please share this information with any seniors you know or people who are not comfortable with the internet.
St. Martin of Tours is open during office hours if you wish to come and sit with the Lord. Simply ring the doorbell for entry.
St Martin of Tours Office Hours:
Mondays to Thursdays: 10:00 am-1:00 pm and Fridays: 10:00 am-2:00 pm.
For questions or concerns, please leave a message with the office, and we will return your call. In an Emergency, please call 780-632-7454. You may also email us at StMartinTours.Vegreville@caedm.ca
Spiritual Act of Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are truly present in the Holy Eucharist. I love you above all things and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen
SAINT MICHAEL PRAYER
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.