The Sacrament of Reconciliation or ‘confession’ is Jesus’ recognition that we are humans.
When we are baptized, our original sin is washed away and we receive the Grace of Christian Initiation. But Jesus knew that many would forget their Baptismal promises and may fall into sin.
Since His mercy is infinite, it is natural that He would provide a way to receive His Grace through the heartfelt and mindful confession of the sins, and a genuine want for forgiveness through penance.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is offered from 3:45 pm-4:15 pm, before Saturday 4:30 pm Mass, or by appointment.
It is also celebrated as a community once during each Advent and Lent.
The Lenten Penitential Services in our Deanery:
- Viking, Saturday, March 21, 2020, after 6:30 pm Mass.
- Vermilion: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 7:00 pm.
- Wainwright: Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm
- Provost: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 7:00 pm
- Vegreville: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 7:00 pm
- Lloydminster: Thursday, April 2, 2020.
- Holden will have Confessions on Saturday, April 4, 2020, after the 6:30 pm Mass.